Find a motorcycle CBT test in Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Are you looking to take a motorcycle CBT test in Lincoln or nearby in North Hykeham, Wragby and Market Rasen? Do you want help finding the closest motorcycle training companies, as well as assist you in getting the next available date? If the answer to those questions is yes, then Book CBT Now is who you have been looking for. We have spent many years helping ATBs (Approved Training Bodies) with their electronic and online bookings, you are in capable hands.
How much is a motorcycle CBT test in Lincoln, Lincolnshire?
The price varies depending on which motorcycle training company you take your CBT test with, but in Lincoln will typically be between £100 and £130. Covid-19 has meant that many motorcycle training companies can only train on a 1 to 1 basis or 2 to 1 at most. This has meant many motorcycle training companies have had to increase their normal prices. There are four main things that affect the price
- Experienced or beginners CBT. If you've done your CBT before you can book an experienced CBT which usually costs less. This is because it will be shorter as you will already have been through all of the basics. Only do this if you have done at least 1 CBT and are confident riding your motorcycle or scooter.
- Bike hire. Not all CBTs include the price of the bike hire so make sure you check if it is included in the price.
- Clothing and equipment hire. This includes your safety helmet, jacket, gloves and boots. Once again it may not be included in the price, so check first.
- Collision damage waiver. This is an insurance that will be offered to you before your training. It means that if you damage the motorcycle or scooter during your training then you will not have to pay for the repairs. It typically costs between £10 - £20 but is well worth having as repairs are much more than that.
Don't try to simply get the cheapest price, the quality of the training is the most important thing. Quality training will one day save your life.
If I a motorcycle CBT test in Lincoln what would I be doing?
A CBT test consists of 5 elements labelled A to E. You will do these 5 elements in order throughout the day.
The DVSA have produced an excellent short video showing you the elements of a CBT. Here is the video and below it is the description of each of the elements.
Element A comprises of talk about clothing, safety helmet and equipment. This is also when your licence and eyesight will be checked and the aims of the course outlined. Make sure to bring your glasses or contact lenses if you wear
them as you will need to read a registration plate at a distance of 20 metres. You will also learn:
- Understanding the legal requirement to riding
- Reinforcing your understanding of the Highway Code to a good level
- Objectives of completing the CBT test
- Understanding the importance of using good motorcycle equipment and clothing
Element B introduces you to the machine and its controls and includes:
- Using the motorcycle stands to safely park your bike
- Familiarity with the different motorcycle or scooter controls
- Wheel the bike round to the left and right
- Starting and stopping the engine
- Carrying out basic maintenance checks
Element C is the main part of the course and takes place on an approved training site (CBT pad). This is when you will learn to:
- Pull away, stop, start and change gears (where applicable)
- Ride in a straight line
- Ride in a slow and controlled manner
- Change gears
- Use both brakes
- Ride a figure of eight
- Carry out left, right and U-turns
- Carry out emergency braking
- Ride round bends safely
- Carry out rear observation
Element D is a return to the class room prior to going out on the road. You will get a full briefing explaining:
- The use of speed, road positioning, safe driving distances
- The importance of the Highway Code
- Your visibility on the road
- Using rear observation
- Riding at the correct speeds, road positioning and distance between other vehicles according to traffic and road conditions.
- Learning to anticipate danger and riding defensively
- Care will also be given in explaining about the radios and how not to get lost on the road
Element E is where you put all the above into practise by riding on the road. You will go out on the road with an instructor two at a time with a radio link. You must do at least two hours of road tuition, which must include doing
a U-turn and emergency stop. At the outset the instructor will give plenty of guidance and help, but towards the end of the time on the road the instructor will be looking to see if you can get safely from one place to another without hurting
yourself or anybody else.
Is CBT a test or an evaluation?
Contrary to popular belief, a CBT is more of an evaluation than a test; your instructor will, throughout the day, observe your abilities and, if you complete the day to the required competency, you shall be awarded a pass certificate (professionally known as a DL196). A CBT certificate is valid for two years and once you have completed your full motorcycle examination, you will no longer have to renew your CBT. However, if you do not carry on your training in Lincoln, you will be required to re-sit your CBT test after two years.
Take A Byte - A Trusted Company
In the twenty first century, it is imperative for a business to not simply be professional in the service it provides; it must also have a pristine customer care system in place. Here at Book CBT Now, for anyone that is looking to book a CBT test in Lincoln, or any location, we are happy to receive any inquiries, as we have been doing so for over 19 years.